Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 24

My morning cup of coffee is most welcome and helps to thaw my hands out a bit. While hangin' out in the Last Resort KOA store, me and a local lady get to talkin' and she suggests a different route through the hills: Blind Grade to Linville Ridge, north on Mountain Road and then a shortcut across on Bosley Grade. That comes out at Columbia Center which goes straight up to Sweeny Gulch. ( I understand all of this probably seems a mite redundant if you haven't had the privilege of being there.) They say a picture's worth a thousand... So I highly recommend checking out the photos from today.

I make the junction at Sweeny Gulch and Highway 12 by 17:00, and man am I knackered. My tent is erected on top of a bunch of old deer droppings and as I get inside I wonder if they'll be coming 'round at some point. The wind picks up and makes strange noises as it blows through the thorny tree beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment