Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 22

There's some kind of strange bird screaming in a shrill voice just behind my tent. Even though the sun's not up, I'm certainly not getting any more sleep with this unusually loud noise. Packing everything up, I wander into town to locate something hot and caffinated. There in Waitsburg's general store, I bump into Dan, owner and local business guy. We exchange pleasantries and he asks me a few questions about the journey. Then, he buys my coffee, something I'm grateful for and sends me on my way to Dayton with a reference for the Best Western motel.

Well, it's only about a ten mile walk 'till I get to BW. I figure ten miles is justifiable seeing as how I'd made 31 the day before. I check in, take a shower, send a few messages to mom, and then flip on the TV to a show called Pawn Stars... 2:37 am, I wake for a moment and realize the television is still on.

No comments:

Post a Comment