Saturday, October 5, 2013


Day 2

I awake to find that a small pond has formed in my tent. Oh no! Everything has got wet. Setting off, I'm not in the cheerfulest of moods. A hot cup of coffee in the local town remedies that, however. While situating my gear, a woman filling up her vehicle remarks that she'd seen me walking the previous day and inquires about the trip. She kindly offers some money, but I suggest (with hope) that she contribute it to the cause online. Back on the road, and the rain begins to let up. There're some visually striking views of old growth and the typically singing brooks are roaring with recent inundation. It was in Grays River--while looking for a place to sleep--I was pulled over by a police officer who wanted to know why I had left the pavements on the bridge. Satisfied with my answer that briers were grown high along that particular section, he courteously directs me to a place where I'd be able to get some rest. Soon the sun is setting behind the hills, reflecting resplendent hues off the mists as they slowly role into the valley. Then the temperature begins to drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment